Whatever your business, the Internet can help to market your products and services more cost effectively than ever before. At iTechworks we firmly believe that every business should thrive on the Internet. By taking care of domain registration, hosting, updating, Search Engine Optimizations, e-mail set-up, shopping carts and online forms, we take the hassle out of getting your business represented online. From small businesses to large corporations, we specialize in custom-made websites to suit the needs and budget of your business. To see examples of our website design work, see our Portfolio.
Design / Updating Considerations
Here are a few of the many questions we will need answers to so we can start getting your website up-to-date, online and ready for all your clients needs.
- Do you have an existing website?
- Do you update your own website?
- Are you in need of an overhaul your website?
- Do you want to want to try to increase the number of visitors coming to your website?
- Do your clients find your website easy to navigate?
- Can they easily find what they are looking for?
- What is the primary goal of your website?
- What type of audience are you looking to cater to?
- Do you currently have a logo or marketing materials?
We can build your website using Content Management System (CMS) software to give you more control over your website. If you need to have a change made due to a change in an upcoming event, a sale or addition of a new service, you can update it yourself right away no matter what time of the day. We can build your website using some of the most common programs available such as WordPress or Joomla.
When your customers use search engines, such as Google, Yahoo or MSN, to search for your products and services is your business easy to find? Many companies think that building a website is enough alone to reach customers. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) gives your business better visibility online. Our SEO service can help increase the traffic to your website and search engine rankings which will help your business target the online market.
Website design is about much more than just creating a design that is appealling. To make your website a successful marketing tool, it must be user-friendly for both first time and repeat visitors. Website usability involves enhancing your web site so that the content is understandable and the interface meets your users needs. Statistics show that if a user has had a negative experience it can result in a loss of repeated visits or sales. When a user has a bad experience on a website, on average they tell about 10 other people. By ensuring that your website is usable, you are more likely to increase productivity, guarantee repeated visits, and thus increase your revenue.
What are the benefits of using web standards?
- Simpler development and maintenance: Using more semantic and structured HTML makes it easier and quicker to understand code created by somebody else.
- Compatibility with future web browsers: When you use defined standards and valid code you future-proof your documents by reducing the risk of future web browsers not being able to understand the code you have used.
- Faster download and rendering of web pages: Less HTML results in smaller file sizes and quicker downloads. Modern web browsers render pages faster when they are in their standards mode than when they are in their backwards compatible mode.
- Better accessibility: Semantic HTML, where structure is separated from presentation, makes it easier for screen readers and alternative browsing devices to interpret the content.
- Better search engine rankings: The separation of content and presentation makes the content represent a larger part of the total file size. Combined with semantic markup this will improve search engine rankings.
- Simpler adaptation: A semantically marked up document can be easily adapted to print and alternative browsing devices, like handheld computers and cellular phones, just by linking to a different CSS file. You can also make site-wide changes to presentation by editing a single file.